Wednesday Weekly Warband - 03-10-10

Post  Toxziq on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:00 pm

Toxziq
Admin

View user profile http://www.critshappen.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Wednesday Weekly Warband - 03-10-10

Post  Saucius on Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:07 am

You've forgotten the best part about Grimdron: he can play avoidance! AVOIDANCE! That is just a flat out spectacular card in this format.

However, I had to vote Velen. Nothing makes me sigh harder then when someone sits down across the table from me with a Velen. Even when you're beating a Velen team, you're getting worked and that's just nasty. Make call of fire do at least 5 damage and you have one heck of a fig.

-RC
Saucius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  vonmarxx on Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:57 am

but Velen is a great target for Polymorph:) without his ability, extended Velen Wall loses to DPS's.
vonmarxx

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  XB lackBlocX on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:01 pm

Yeah well no sense in being coy anymore, I was saying the Velen team isn't too hard hit by Poly compared to Jaina/Savin/Jez teams. The point being that for the Jaina team the only fig you don't want poly'd is also the only one that can pack Cleanse, whereas the Velen team can pack a Cleanse on Savin or possibly Graccus if you're playing him to get rid of Polymorph. (And with Recharge you can even do it again after Irana Arcane Brilliance it back into play Wink).

Last edited by XB lackBlocX on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

XB lackBlocX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxziq on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:43 pm

XB lackBlocX wrote:

Hey Black, something happened when I tried to quote your message, I'm sorry man, but you may have to post it again...

I was gonna say that a smart man would have a cleanse in there with Savin, allowing you to remove the sheep part if Velen is Poly'd Smile

Sorry about the screw up in your post man, I'm still learning how to "admin" this place Very Happy
Toxziq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  XB lackBlocX on Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:46 pm

Steelwing wrote:I was gonna say that a smart man would have a cleanse in there with Savin, allowing you to remove the sheep part if Velen is Poly'd Smile

Well that's what Tigersclaw did in Boston against Jaina Zoo, surprising a couple peeps.

XB lackBlocX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saucius on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:00 pm

Two things:

One, with 5 wee gentlemen on the board, there are many more opportunities to pack debuff removal cards.

Second, I'm not sure how I feel about Graccus w/sulf in 5v5. It just seems like there will be more ways to counter it (multiple flamestrikes, more healers, Namrah, super dark horse healing stream totem) making the combo a little too expensive at 11 honor. Plus he's not really providing that much dps, which is imperative in a high honor team. Personally, I'd like more Vi'gor and Parvink types in the team. But I don't know. Any thoughts?

-RC
Saucius

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxziq on Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:56 pm

I like Graccus and Velen, I mean, he needs someone to die... and if they are getting hit with Sulfuras for doing it... just makes Velen's crit that much more powerful.
Toxziq
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top