Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

repaints!?

+3
Toxziq
theblackabbot
BoDoM
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

repaints!? Empty repaints!?

Post  BoDoM Tue May 11, 2010 8:43 pm

So I've started repainting some of the excessive duplicates in my collection. I've never painted any miniatures before, but I was happy to find it's not hard to do a better job on them than the painters at UD did.

I was wondering if anyone else here paints miniatures and if you had any tips for a beginner. I'll hopefully be taking some pictures and putting them up online somewhere sometime soon.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

repaints!? Empty Re: repaints!?

Post  BoDoM Sat May 15, 2010 10:20 pm

So... Not that anyone reads these posts anymore, but my repaints are going quite well. I've been reading up quite a bit on some websites, and I feel I have a decent grasp on most of the beginner's miniature painting concepts. So far I've completed repaints on rethilgore, namrah, sidian morningblade (he doesn't look like a power ranger anymore lol), bleakheart hellcaller, daggum ty'gor, wilton thorne, and sethekk talon lord. I'm still working on getting some pictures up somewhere, but taking a decent picture of a miniature is not the easiest thing with my cheap ass digital camera lol. Well, off to see if I can make zomm hopeslayer look a bit better.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  theblackabbot Sun May 16, 2010 8:38 pm

There is a dude down in FL that has done some repaints. I actually have 3 of his pieces in my collection. He went by Teh Sig or Siggie. I would suggest contacting him for advice. Email me for his contact info.

Looking forward to your work. There are pics of repaints in the old UDE forums...
theblackabbot
theblackabbot

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue May 18, 2010 1:24 pm

here is the link for the photobucket page with pics of the repaints so far:

https://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af127/blaze1337_photos/Casey%20Blaze%20Miniatures%20May%202010/?start=all

let me know if you have trouble finding it.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  theblackabbot Tue May 18, 2010 1:32 pm

Looking good man. Keep it up! I like Rethilgore the best.

Here is a Cat Form Sig did for me.

repaints!? CatForm2
theblackabbot
theblackabbot

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue May 18, 2010 4:13 pm

That cat form looks great. I have 2 extra frostsaber prowlers and was thinking of doing a horde and alliance repaint. I just need to get a few more colors and I'll be trying that.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxziq Fri May 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Sig is an awesome artist, I suggest connecting with him too. I'll try and get a current email.

PS - yes, I'm alive... barely Smile
Toxziq
Toxziq
Admin

http://www.critshappen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Fri May 21, 2010 9:02 pm

Steelwing lives!

New repaint photos going up soon!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Last edited by BoDoM on Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:10 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : rearranged photos and put them in a new album, so i had to post a new link)
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxziq Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:18 pm

Very nice work! He's en Fuego!
Toxziq
Toxziq
Admin

http://www.critshappen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:54 pm

I suppose you're talking about daelas firewing. Or at least I hope you are lol. Yes! He no longer looks like an ice mage!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:01 pm

I finally figured out what to do with zomm hopeslayer. He is now dual wielding merciless gladiator's daggers and is in the midst of cloak of shadows. I finished him today, base and all. I should have pictures up on Thursday!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:54 pm

BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:23 pm

I'm now working on eleanna starbreeze redone as a blood elf and irana, although I haven't decided what color to use for her skin yet. Pictures going up soon!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:19 pm

So sad... Just seems like i'm talking to myself anymore here lol. Less people checking every week it seems. Anyhow, if anyone happens to read this, are there any repaints you would like to see me try? I'm only repainting my doubles, but I have a lot. So if there's anything you'd like to see just let me know!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Shadestep Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:38 am

As on obvious rogue fan, I really enjoyed your Zomm repaint. The other ones were good as well. I wish I had the time and money to get into painting. Do I have any suggestions for repaints? Not at the moment, but I'll return to the shadows and see if anything there is inspiring. Suspect
Mr. Shadestep
Mr. Shadestep

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Sat Jun 19, 2010 1:31 pm

I too have an affinity for rogues, as my main was a forsaken rogue back when I played the MMO. I do have quite a few extra rogue minis laying around, so perhaps I'll work on one next. Should have some new photos up in a couple days. A blood elf eleanna starbreeze and a deathwhisperer in a green color scheme that actually looks armored.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:29 pm

So i'm back here talking to myself again lol. I treated myself a bit yesterday and got some new brushes and a few new paints. I'm getting much better results than with my old, substandard brushes lol. Should have some new pictures up early next week. I finished a cool looking irana and I'm now working on elizabetha cairnewillow. At least I think that's how it's spelled lol.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:01 am

So after I made my last post my wife got angry that I didn't say that she buys me tons of paints in support of my new hobby. So here's a big thanks to her. Without her my repaints wouldn't be half as good as they are Smile
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:25 pm

i put some new photos up. I haven't had time to sort and organize them yet though.

Here we have the blood elf eleanna starbreeze, deathwhisperer, irana, and a bog elemental that my lovely wife painted.

https://m1000.photobucket.com/albums/blaze1337_photos/Casey%20Blaze%20Miniatures%20june%202010/?pbauth=1_uLEBonVPfaLdh1h3YMYz2cOXn%2Fgpg%2BK1Fs8Abz8CeQfXjCk6lqcBjIZQwmiu2vziB%2FfgnPV4cYHgaH5sEqI3ckNunupEOkBizAvVHJdQHvaubGUjPNc1wEINp21oeZnBLzZfy6dtIABTlZPDCX9j80LtARPBhveIEBFgoflOhcq3lg14R3wtKA%3D%3D

I hope you all enjoy! Any comments would be appreciated. Let me know if there are any repaints you'd like to see!

Last edited by BoDoM on Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reorganized and titled photos. check out my wife's bog elemental in the summer's miniatures album!)
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:22 pm

I had to put my other projects on hold to paint a vigor darkbreeze for my brother-in-law as a going away present. Considering he was the only other person I know who loves wowminis as much as me that sucks. Looks like I have to find someone else to play with lol. Anyways, pictures going up soon. I think it's my best repaint yet. I picked up some reindeer moss for some realistic looking shrubbery. I'm quickly learning that the base makes the mini almost as much as the paint job. Also did some base work on the deathwhisperer, which now makes it complete. I'll put up pictures of that with vigor.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:06 pm

So unfortunately the vigor pictures were lost due to a virus on the computer they were stored on. Hopefully my brother in law will email some good pics and everyone can still see him!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:50 pm

I learned a cool way of turning cork into rocks for bases and tried it out today. It looks pretty cool. Also painted timmo shadestep which was the first gnome I've attempted. I surprised myself a bit with how he turned out. Hopefully have pictures taken and up before I mail him out to his new home in indy Smile
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:57 pm

the repaints really maximize the detail quality of WoW minis. I'm just wondering why you have yet to touch death knight class... your skill totally can bring them to life without Souls of Vengeance !
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:05 pm

I tried to make sidian morningblade look like a death knight. Unfortunately I stopped playing the mmo before there were death knights so I need to research a bit to see what the equipment looks like. Perhaps that will be my next project. Thanks for taking a look at my work and I truly appreciate the compliment man!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum