Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do we go from here?

+3
Toxziq
BoDoM
GypsyRogue
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where do we go from here? Empty Where do we go from here?

Post  GypsyRogue Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:15 pm

Well, here it is:

Time for all of you to Shine. We need to come together as a Collective to further a game that needs our help. If we don't, things could get far worse than they are already. One of Two things will happen;

1. We make a big enough Noise to get their attention & they continue the Game.

2. They ignore Us & We make this Game Rock! bounce

I've been workin' on my own line of Minis, but if I don't Jump in here & do This; my $1000 investment in collecting a Complete set of all the Figures, Hard Boards, 150 Ubases, 10 lbs 0f d10s, will become rather Worthless. I just can't have that!

So, I'm asking for your help here. We need to get organized & have a Plan in place by GenCon; if we don't get an Update on WoW Minis at GenCon, then we need to Proceed.

No, I Do Not want to be the Leader.

I'm Nominating Mr. Steelwing to Oversee our Operation. I originally came here from the UDE boards because I liked his Dice & Foresight to make a better set of Forums than the ones there. I hope he decides that he can help us, he seems to have great picture of how things ought to be.

I'll get down off of my preachin' podium for now....

Game On!!!

Gypsy
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Where do we go from here? Empty Re: Where do we go from here?

Post  BoDoM Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:44 pm

Sounds like a good plan, however I spent my gencon money on tons of wow minis lol Sad
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:30 pm

I can't go to GenCon, I'm doin' Senior-Care-at-Home for my 82yo Mother. You can check what I'm up to at:

www.gypsygamegearonline.com

I not tryin' to sell things here, just showin' you what I've got goin' on... Laughing

As you'll notice, there is no Inventory list. My bandwidth is Maxed out & I haven't decided what to do about a larger website, yet. Embarassed

Sorry, but I've got a lot of irons in the fire, but I don't sleep, so at night I have time to play with some of the irons! Twisted Evil

Last edited by GypsyRogue on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my new site address)
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:51 pm

So I think we need to do a few things.

1. Find who owns the rights to the mechanics of the game.

2. Decide if we are going to stick with the pre-established mechanics.

3. Define the size of each set release and try to establish a set release schedule.

4. If all goes well develop at least 2 sets before the release of the first one. If we do this we can give ourselves a better development window for future sets.

5. Get the creative juices flowing lol.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxziq Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:05 pm

First, I'm flattered that you chose this site to discuss this passionate topic. I'm in full agreement that WOW Minis is the best Minis game produced to date! I also wish someone would say anything, just something to clearly explain to a populace what the leadership currently in control of the license and mechanics has planned, even if the statement is "nothing is planned".

I appreciate your vote of confidence in me leading this endeavor, but I must regretfully and respectfully decline. My reasons are very simple, I have a day job that has, as evident by my lack of ability to post anything in 5 months, been "kicking my arse harder than the Brits are getting beat up in the Sun after losing their match at the World Cup".

Additionally, there are some legal issues I would want to know before I would suggest anyone to go into this endeavor... 1.) Who owns the license? This is still completely clear as mud. 2.) Who owns the mechanics? Owning the license to represent characters in WOW is one thing, owning potential trademarks or copy-written rules/mechanics is another.

If your goal is to create a new game, I think it would tremendous, but in all due respect, it wouldn't be WOW Minis. As much as I love the license, I really think it was the gameplay that set this wonderful game apart. It could be a game about a Transexual, Mascot Suit Wearing, Mass Murdering Clan of Hillibillys taking on a Evil Race of Aliens with 13 arms, dressed in School Girl outfits, and listening to Mmmm Bop backwards and I would have played it. The mechanics are that solid to me.

People can argue they lost to Dice Rolls but no one ever said I lost because X rule sucked.

Still, I applaud anyone willing to rock the boat. Isgee lashed out with a simple post that got results a while back, and if your efforts can produce the same results, I would love to see them say anything. That has been my biggest frustrating point. I'm a very simple person, if the answer is no, just tell me no. However, UDE and Blizzards lack of respect for it's passionate fans base, no matter how small or big, has been a slap in the face of the people who have loved this game and sacrificed to help move it forward.

Unfortunately, with my personal life in the current state it is in, I'm unable to lead anyone in that boat rocking.

I hope you guys understand and I hope you still passionately play. I love playing the game, still... I love the creativity I see people doing in creating their own sets, or scenarios...

If you need assistance, I'm happy to lend my thoughts and efforts in a consulting fashion, but I can not take on ownership of the project, as it would be something I can't fully commit to, which would only disrespect the great people willing to put forth this effort.

If anyone wants to email me, please feel free to do so, at Steelwing73@gmail.com If I haven't won the lottery or been gifted 10 million dollars, I'll reply as soon as possible :-)
Toxziq
Toxziq
Admin

http://www.critshappen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:06 pm

I'll also do a shout-out to Ceipe here! Your ideas are workable, in fact we might be able to avoid any hassles at all by adding to the Game, with a Disclosure("We are not affiliated with Blizzard" Laughing ), give it a new name & say it's to be Used as a Play-Aid.

I own several Service Trademarks for Band Names & Inventions(yes, I am a Genius, we don't sleep, our brain never takes a break), A quick phone call to arrange the paperwork & money goin' in the lawyers pocket & we'd be set.

New Names?

WoWhammer Laughing

WoW Minis: the Next Generation Twisted Evil

Ya'lls Turn....

affraid

PS,It's Alive! Laughing

Hello Steelwing!

I don't want you personally own it, that will be a group thing, but I am Volunteering to take the Heat from Blizzard!! I want you to be the Voice of Reason & Keep Order when you have the Time. We need Credibility like yours! Very Happy

I'm doin' 24/7 senior care, an online business, tryin' to open a Brick & Mortar store to teach the Locals about wargaming. I constantly hear, " What's a Growed Man doin' with them Little Plastic Men???" (real hillbillies, ya gotta love 'em Twisted Evil )

Last edited by GypsyRogue on Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:18 pm

World of Warcrack miniatures Smile
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxziq Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:05 pm

even if you add to the mechanics, utilizing the WOW Minis mechanics as a baseline I don't think is legal... IF they are copywritten or trademarked, which I think at the minimum they are copywritten.

However, if someone can find out about the mechanics, that is a good place to start... who owns them, does anyone, are they copywritten or TM'd, etc, etc...
Toxziq
Toxziq
Admin

http://www.critshappen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:31 am

I've got that covered with a Disclaimer. You're an ePay(thats how I spell it Twisted Evil ) person, I've seen ya. Laughing I state that my products(Gypsy Game Gear) are in No Way affiliated with heroscape or WotC & I keep turnin' out the stuff. No Hassles. ePay is not gonna let me do Copyright Infringement. It was their advice, I took, to be able to sell the stuff. Now, I've taken my Stuff off of ePay & moved it to my website. While I haven't the room to list my Inventory, if you visit my site, you'll see which products I trade in & I'm not affiliated with any of their manufacturers. As long as I state my nonaffiliated intentions, my attorney says they can't do anything. What are they gonna do; whine that I'm advertising their game? Twisted Evil

I'm So ready for Blizzard to Hassle me for droppin' the ball Basketball

If they wanna get Funky, I can throw away the Ubase & make a friggin' heroscape card for all of the WoW pieces & turn them out as customs too. They fit on heroscape tiles if you don't use the Ubase. Razz

Anyway, there are ways to drive through Loopholes anywhere you want to go.

I still hold with my original thought, If we haven't gotten any news at GenCon, it's Game On!!!

Edit; I've built a $20,000 inventory in 3 years time, with an original $250 purchase of heroscape Romans(wave 1), I got 100 sets for $250, split them & sold them for $19.99/free shipping for archers or legionaires, made almost $4,000 that round, Bought 2 cases of Mage Knight Dark Riders for $50 & turned that for another $2,000, then started on Custom stuff, & the rest is History. I've run out of places to put it all, therefore my venture into an actual store, instead of an ePay Outlet. Twisted Evil Testosterone Levels for the above transactions gives me the ability to breath Fire upon Demand if need be. I hope it doesn't come to that, but it can be arranged! Twisted Evil

Last edited by GypsyRogue on Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:44 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Important information added)
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:32 pm

If you can breath fire on demand, that could seriously lower the energy costs of the injection molding process Smile
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:35 pm

Or you've had too much dragon breath chili lol. Maybe Steelwing remembers that recipe from before the burning crusade Smile
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Where do we go from here? Empty Sorry...

Post  GypsyRogue Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:38 am

Sorry to start a fire & not be here to help fuel it...

I do the Senior-Care-at-Home thing for my 82yo invalid Mother & she's in a Bad Way, Nurses & such, in & out, also have a 5 acre yard that needs to be mowed twice a week. Hopefully, I'll get some down-time at nite, soon, & can get back here more often. Please carry on in my absense, & feel free to PM me with any questions.

Gypsy
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:59 am

Take care of business at home man! We'll be here when you're ready. My gears are turning. I'm sure other people are thinking hard too. Good luck with all!

BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceipe Fri Jul 02, 2010 11:25 am

Looking at the back of some Minis I came with a wonderfull suprise, the magic words..Patent Pending, I don't need to tell you what that means. Now that they have lost the license the process can't complete as UDE filed it and now doesn't have permission to own it. therefore, the game is kinda of on a loopwhole itself. You may want to check this with an attorney, but I'm pretty sure that's the way this goes.

BTW, thanks for the shout out, hehe, I'll be expanding some of the ideas with visual aid this weekend and see what comes of it. And in case you were wondering if I could be the voice you're looking for, I'm afraid it will be pretty hard, considering I live in Peru and have little time to dedicate to leisure other than weekends. Anyway, let's see what happens at GenCon.

Rgrds

Ceipe

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:40 am

Update!

Not Complainin', just Explainin'...

Got my First Slap a couple of days ago from somebody that reads these Boards. Evil or Very Mad

I know this, because I haven't Posted my Store info anywhere but here, so it has to be someone that found my site here.

One of my friends sent me an email; tellin' me about Underlined Key Words on my front page that sent him to other sites & he couldn't get back to mine. After several attempts to repair the damage done, I decided that I need some help. I had a Vista Print website & sent them an email stating my difficulties & they cancelled my account.

So it could be, that they inserted the Links, but it seems rather suspicious to me that since I started all the Noise about continuing the Game, my website is corrupt.

Not Pointin' any fingers, except the middle one, & it's pointed upward. Twisted Evil

I'm buildin' a new site at GoDaddy (really don't have time, but, ya gotta do what ya gotta do), & I'm pushing forward on my deadline for information, from GenCon, about the Status of the Game. Neutral

As soon as my new site gets published, I'll change the links here, but not until It's Ready. Laughing Please carry on. tarnace posted about his custom set, I haven't had time to check it out, but if the rest of you would, we need some massive playtesting & involvement with this members set. I feel that he should be greatly commended & rewarded for his efforts & furthermore; if he'll agree, I think we should work on his endeavor, to be the first release; if Blizzard drops the ball at GenCon.

My bad website was my second face-slap, since I got Vocal here. I do Senior-Care-at-Home for my 82yo invalid Mother(yeah, I'm old, 57 Embarassed ) & unfortunately she's taken a turn for the worse, seriously limiting my free time. Sorry, it was Never my intention to start this & not be able to help.

tarnace, If you read this, please feel free to contact me about ideas for production of your set. bounce

Thanks to everyone for the kind words & support!

Game On!!!

Gypsy

cheers

Last edited by GypsyRogue on Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : had to hunt for tarnace's post)
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:49 pm

R.I.P. Gypsygamegear.com!

I look forward to seeing the new incarnation! Strange coincidence that wowminimods got hacked and now you too... Seems like someone's pissed about the game getting canned and they're directing their rage at the wrong targets if you ask me! I'll say more later, but for now it's of to work for me lol Sad
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Where do we go from here? Empty New Site is up....

Post  GypsyRogue Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:10 pm

Progress Update:

Got my new site up, but not quite right yet Embarassed

www.gypsygamegearonline.com

Bear with me, while I get it workin', meanwhile, if anyone needs anything, I can still be contacted through my email here.

Thanks!

Game On!!!

cheers

Gypsy
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 pm

Good job man! I can't wait to see the new site! Good luck finishing it up!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:03 am

Just a quick thought I've been kickin' around... Twisted Evil

Need some open discussion...

Last full set was 51 pieces, I believe Smile

I propose:

One New Figure a week, every Wednsday for Warband Wednesday, Every Week, New Scenario, New Figure, Organized Players Dream! Shocked

Tell Me what ya Think!
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:03 pm

I like this idea a lot, but maybe in the beginning we should try for a new mini and scenario every month. As much as I would love new material to play with every week, I think the playtesting time involved with new characters and scenarios is extensive. We need to make sure whatever we decide to add to the game is worth adding. I'm not trying to be a naysayer, but if we're going to do this we should do it right. UDE (bastards) had several sets complete along with extensively playtested rules and scenarios long befor the initial release.

That being said, I think if we take our time with character and scenario development, we will truly be able to further enrich this great game.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:33 pm

I understand your concerns for quality of figures, but my plan would give you a starting point. Which would only use one figure from the ones already displayed here, it would give you at least 8 weeks ahead, maybe more. Scenarios for one figure, showcasing their powers & attributes; should be far easier to produce than entire waves. Might I suggest that it would give us the power to basically Steer the Game in the direction we see fit; in shorter amounts of time than producing an entire, yearly wave. Also, hopefully reducing the probability of Retired Pieces, that we all own some from other games. Twisted Evil
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:37 am

Very awesome plan, cannot wait for the new figures guys! Once a month sounds good enough for me too, so we have time for playtesting and dicussing... There are countless characters awaited to give a wider view for the minis game. Also if there is anything to be added, the first thing to me would be the terrains (easiest thing too Smile) such as water, wall, gate.. For my part I will keep trying to depict some new characters from old minis and some other lines of miniatures too in hopes of inspiring other gamers.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Mon Aug 09, 2010 7:35 am

Well...

It's like; Our game has disappeared from the face of the Earth(UD's lame site doesn't count Twisted Evil ), which just isn't Right!

Anybody seen any Info???

I'm in the middle of movin' & arrangin' all my Games for mobile Organized Play, but I'll make it a Point to be around all night, every night to get this Party started!

Let's have some Organization & Results!

If anybody has heard anything from GenCon, let me know....

Otherwise, Our Time Has Come!

(gets down off of Podium, makes room for the next speaker)

Twisted Evil
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:06 pm

(taps microphone)

"hello? Is this thing on?"

I'm going to make at least one non legendary death knight for each faction. That will be my current project. Unpluggamer did a great job on giving us true to form ABC's, so perhaps he can make some character cards for us too. I'll be thinking about this really hard and hopefully my results will not disappoint!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:01 pm

My current doing is the Lich King ( I am adding a helmet on another Arthas figure ). Since BoDoM is taking charge of death knight and seem he is doing great, I am turning my gear on other subjects, which are some more characters for the Horde and the Alliance. Guys I don't only wanna stop at death knights.

And yes I can make some character cards if you have their status and pictures. But making character cards will take a bit longer.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum