Archmage Arugal Boss fight

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Archmage Arugal Boss fight

Post  Scylya on Sat Jul 03, 2010 9:41 am

I think this was my very first boss fight mod Razz hehe, I actually forgot about it

ARCHMAGE ARUGAL

Boss fight - Arugal is immune to attacks which tick him up, or force move him.

Health - Arugal has health equal to the number of party members multiplied by 12.

Arugals actions

Firstly create an Arugal Activation deck of the following cards below - note that the only cards you actually need are Arugal, You too shall serve, and Rethilgore - the other two cards "blink and Frost Nova" can be proxied as long as you know which you are using for each.

Archmage Arugal stat card (Void Bolt)
"You, too, Shall Serve" (Arugals Curse - can be used whenever but +1 damage tick 6-10)
"Frost Nova" ( Hits all adjacent enemies with 3 magic dice of damage and +1 tick)
"Blink" (Representing his Teleporting to the other platform - special rules)
"Rethilgore" (His basic Melee attack)

For a semi automated boss shuffle his deck of cards and draw 2 at random, choosing 1 to play, the you may move with archmage Arugal and then perform the attack on the card.

BLINK
For the Blink attack, when that card is drawn he teleports to the other platform where he cant be attacked in Melee and immediately attacks with a Void Bolt. For this you remove him from the board, and keep the Blink card aside. Then on future turns if you draw Archmage Arugals card, he just stays there and casts void bolts. If any other card is drawn he teleports back to the other side to perform that attack. When he returns to the board, return his blink card to his hand

When teleported, Arugals Void bolts have unlimited range and Arugal can be targetted back only with range 3+ attacks.

Scylya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Archmage Arugal Boss fight

Post  BoDoM on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:00 pm

I really like the concept of this encounter, but i'm confused about how the rethilgore card is involved. Is the rethilgore mini actually in play? Or is it just a melee attack?

I really like the randomization aspect of the boss play though. As soon as I get an answer to my questions I will definitely be giving this a go. Keep up the good work!
BoDoM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Scylya on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:19 pm

It just represents his Melee attack, use Rethilgores base attack.

Scylya

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM on Sat Jul 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks for the swift reply man! Looks like I'll be trying to kill archmage arugal while I wait for this damn kidney stone to pass Sad
BoDoM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top