Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

customize minis 1 - death knights approach

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

customize minis 1 - death knights approach - Page 2 Empty Arthas minis !!

Post  unpluggamer Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:48 am

I hadn't gotten a chance to touch my figure until this Saturday. The figure is made from metal, but super easy to be bent; I'm so pleased that this reaper figure is quite bigger than other which I ordered with, and therefore it is able to be played with WoW scale; although it is still a bit shorter than the real Arthas would be, to me it perfectly depicts the fallen prince. Most of the time consummed for choosing the color, I tried purple ( to fix with undead) then black and white (as of the action figure from Toycom), and finally I chose this color, still black and white and a drop of blue.

[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach - Page 2 Dsc01711[/img]

Back view; I changed the sword a bit, but I was too clumsy to work with the small metal pieces tongue
[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach - Page 2 Dsc01712[/img]

Compare with Bolvar:
[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach - Page 2 Dsc01713[/img]

I particularly like this minis because Arthas is not a boss and we can literally make him into the game without any trouble
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

customize minis 1 - death knights approach - Page 2 Empty Re: customize minis 1 - death knights approach

Post  BoDoM Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:12 am

Very nice man! I like it a lot. I particularly like the defiant attitude he has compared to bolvar's righteous swing. Keep up the great work!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

customize minis 1 - death knights approach - Page 2 Empty Re: customize minis 1 - death knights approach

Post  unpluggamer Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:40 am

Thanks, I just saw what you said, looks like he is really defiant and knows he would beat up Bolva easily. I hope you guys can soonly get that figure too, but be aware of other reaper figures though, they are mostly smaller than this one.
Any way, here the status I drafted for Arthas: I think this status is a bit stronger than other legendaries, but have yet to playtest.

Arthas Menethil
Armor 3, Resistance 2, Health 10
Attack: Frostmoure tick3, range 1, melee 6 or tick 3, range 1, frost 6
Critical: if the defender is destroy this attack; put a +2 health counter on Arthas.
Unholy aura: allies (including this character) within 2 heal 1 damage at the end of tick 5/10
Legendary

Yes, I've damned everyone and everything I've ever loved in his name, and I still feel no remorse. No shame. No pity.

Card:
Animate Dead: (Instant)
Play only when a non-legendary character is destroyed and has not spawned.
Place a token on the space of the destroyed character as a pet of Arthas. That pet has the status of the destroyed character.
Remove the token from the game at the end of tick 5/10

After all you've put me through, woman, the last thing I'll give you is the peace of death.

I still feel it is not really there somehow. Any idea would be much appreciated!

Last edited by unpluggamer2 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:28 pm

I like what you've done with the stats and ability card so far. There's a game store by me that carries literally thousands of different miniatures and i'm going to see if the have that particular one. I'm excited to get my hands on him because it will be the first metal miniature I attempt. Let us know how playtesting goes. I'm still trying to figure out some death knight abilities. I've just been really busy lately. Just wanted to say I like the quote from arthas to sylvannas windrunner at the end of your last post. It's a memorable part from warcraft 3 and the arthas book lol.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:57 am

Yea, if you cannot find it, it is still on Ebay with the name "Anti Paladin". Everyone of us leads a busy life, so take your time and don't worry much about our awaiting Smile We know you are always there.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:55 pm

I ordered the mini today through a local game store. Should be here Thursday they say. I'm dedicating at least an hour tomorrow to coming up with some death knight ABC's for our friend arthas to wield. I figure 5 should be good. That's around what a lot of the classes had when the core set came out.

I was looking through the reaper catalog and I found some other miniatures that should make good death knights as well. I'll be picking some up within the next month so we'll see where to go from there.

I'm moving in a couple weeks, so once that whole clusterf*ck is done with I'll be able to get back to doing what I like again.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:28 pm

So I got that hour a bit earlier than expected. My daughter went to bed early lol. I've got some abilities written down and I'll post them tomorrow once I get a few minutes. Hopefully everyone can give me some opinions and do some play testing, because I have no one except myself to test with currently.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:16 pm

So according to the owner of this game store by me, our anti paladin aka arthas is a retired miniature. He's going to try to get his hands on one for me, but doesn't know how long it will take. In the mean time, I picked up a reaper miniatures worm corpse, which I'll be using to represent a re animated corpse. I'm starting work on that right now. Just waiting for the glue to dry on the base so I can start priming him up.

I'll be posting those death knight ABC's later today in their own thread.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:37 am

So I used two more figures of Reaper line to try making the Lich King, they are Mangur Timur and Blackguard. The detail is decent, however, I am not completely statisfied because this figure is not as tall as it should be to depict the fearsome Lich King... any way, here it is

[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach - Page 2 My_min10[/img]

unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:28 pm

So I've started work on my first death knight. She's going to be undead, mostly comprised of pieces from magdeline prideheart and Victoria jaton. I'm still thinking of a name.

I'll put up a picture as soon as she's painted.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:16 pm

Magdeline is a good choice, her weapon already looks deadly lol. There is many female death knight names in TCG, you certainly can choose the one looking like your figure the best study
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:16 pm

So i'm still working on turning magdeline prideheart into an undead death knight.

I was wondering if anyone had ideas on existing wow minis that would make good DK's.

Comments! Please!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Sun Aug 29, 2010 1:23 am

Vindicator Kaustron is absolutely a good one if you add some more skull for his armor, and add a death knight sword for his free hand. What I did was adding a necklace sword for him plus changing the color and it turned out fearsome... Drokkar could be a good one too.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:36 am

Definitely good ideas. Now I just need to get duplicates of those minis lol.

I've been trying to get some work done on my DK project, but there's just so much damn work to do on this new house. Hopefully by next week I can be back to being able to put at least some work into my hobbies every day.

BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:09 am

Finally here is the status and ABC of Arthas the Death Knight. I assume this is the status when he is still the champion of the Lick King, not the Lick King himself. The status strongly refers death knights' ability, supportive along his mates, hard to destroy but not too excellent in melee (compared with other legendary characters)

customize minis 1 - death knights approach - Page 2 Dsc01710

Arthas Menethil (Death Knight)

Armor 3, Resistance 2, Health 10
Attack: Frostmoure tick3, range 1, melee 6 or tick 3, range 1, frost 6
Critical: if the defender is destroy this attack; put a +2 health counter on Arthas.
Unholy aura: allies (including this character) within 2 heal 1 damage at the end of tick 5/10
Legendary

Yes, I've damned everyone and everything I've ever loved in his name, and I still feel no remorse. No shame. No pity.

ABC:
Animate Dead (Instant)
Play only when a non-legendary character is destroyed and has not spawned.
Place a token on the space of the destroyed character as a pet of Arthas. That pet has the status of the destroyed character.
Remove the token from the game at the end of tick 5/10.

After all you've put me through, woman; the last thing I'll give you is the peace of death.

unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next