Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Debuff Question

2 posters

Go down

Debuff Question Empty Debuff Question

Post  theblackabbot Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:13 pm

Can two different characters apply the same debuff on one enemy character?

Example - I have two Thangals in Bear Form. One applies Lacerate on an opposing Phadelus. Then the other Thangal applies Lacerate on the same Phadelus. Phadelus now has two Lacerates on him from two different sources. Is this legal?
theblackabbot
theblackabbot

Back to top Go down

Debuff Question Empty Re: Debuff Question

Post  BoDoM Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:54 pm

I believe that lacerate is the only debuff that actually stacks. I'm no judge, but I believe that's correct.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  theblackabbot Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Yeah, I was able to run down a copy of the comprehensive rules and found out that two different debuffs cannot be applied. The same holds true for buffs as well. Lacerate could be an except since it says that up to five Lacerates can effect one character.
Curse of Agony generates a second token when it stays on, but if another warlock comes along and applies another Curse of Agony, it seems that it would start over again and remove any accumulated CoA tokens.

301. Buffs and debuffs
301.1 Buff core abilities can target only allies. Debuff core abilities can target only enemies. Other rules that describe buffs apply equally to debuffs.
301.2 Playing a buff card’s core ability attaches a “buff” (for example, another copy of that card) to the target.
301.2a Such a buff is allied with the party of the character that played it as it’s attached and has all the text of that buff card, but is otherwise independent from that card and that character. The orientation of a buff card has no impact on any buffs it has generated. In addition, any damage or healing caused by a buff isn’t attributed to the character that played it.
301.2b As part of attaching a buff to a character, all other buffs attached to that character with the same name as that buff are removed.
301.2c A buff is removed from a character as that buff’s duration expires. If that buff has no duration, it stays attached until something else removes it.
301.2d As part of destroying a buffed character, all buffs attached to it are removed.
301.2e Some buffs add counters to the buffed character. Such counters are not themselves buffs. As part of removing such a buff from a character, all counters added by that buff are also removed.
301.2f A buff can be attached to a totem, but is removed immediately after the ability that attached it has finished resolving.
Example: A Warrior Mortal Strikes a Stoneclaw Totem. That totem token is dealt 1 damage, then that Mortal Strike debuff is immediately removed from it.
Mortal Strike, Instant Debuff
Deal 1 damage to debuffed enemy. <p> Debuffed enemy can’t be healed.
301.3 Some effects remove a buff from a character, and “attach” it to a second character. Moving a buff this way doesn’t play it, so its text isn’t reprocessed. Any counters removed as part of removing that buff from the first character (301.2e) are added to the second character as that buff attaches.
theblackabbot
theblackabbot

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:05 pm

You are correct my friend. I have a copy of the comprehensive rules printed out, but I didn't know a link still existed.

Sorry I took the way of explaining it with minimal typing lol.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down