Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The UBase-Problem

3 posters

Go down

The UBase-Problem Empty The UBase-Problem

Post  Bhrian Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:57 am

Hi everyone!
I want to know whether you use the UBases or not. Being not really handy, we don't use them and use sheets to keep track of the health and ticks of the minis.
Is there a working trick to make the UBases more reliable? The minis fall out of mine whenever I pick them up..

Bhrian

Bhrian

Back to top Go down

The UBase-Problem Empty Re: The UBase-Problem

Post  theblackabbot Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:32 pm

I've played with people that used them and not. I always used mine because most of mine actually worked. LOL! I actually had a Tick/Health card made up from a friend of mine that had a pretty cool wheel system. I have heard that in tournys that players were required to keep stats on pen as well for records.

Do whatever works man. Having fun the most important thing.

BA
theblackabbot
theblackabbot

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhrian Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:10 am

I found a solution for my UBase-problem: I use two Neodym magnets, one for the mini and one for the base. After drilling a small hole in the base of the miniature, removing the 3 Clamps for the mini from the UBase and gluing the magnets into the hole and under the UBase, the work great. My magnets are 1mm high so the holes I had to drill aren't too deep. I'll make some pictures in the next days..

Bhrian

Back to top Go down

Post  Bhrian Sat Sep 03, 2011 5:31 am

I promised some pictures and here they are.
First: The miniature itself. As you can see, the magnet is plain with the miniatures bottom, so I can use standard-UBases too.
[img]The UBase-Problem Miniba10[/img]
As I described, I drilled a small hole in the center of the miniatures base- about 1mm deep. I used a 6mm wood drill and tested till the magnet fits into the hole. When you do this, sometimes the base seems to become translucent. This only happens if the miniature itself is made out of translucent plastic, you haven't drilled to deep, the top of the miniatures base seems to share the material with the mini.

Now the UBase:
The arrows indicate where I removed the mounting for the miniatures. The bright shiny thing in the middle is the magnet, they are 6mm in diameter and 1mm high.
[img]The UBase-Problem Ubase11[/img]
I used hot glue to fix them on the miniatures and the bases. To center the magnet on the base, I put a modified mini in the Base, turned it upside down and let the magnet fall into the base; this automatically guarantees the right poling of the magnets. To increase the bonding, I stacked 2 magnets in the UBase.

A little bit of experience:
We used this modification in our last round and are quite positive about the magnets. The bases didn't fall of the miniatures, even if you lift a miniature, the health-dial works well and the tick-dial isn't involved in the changing and works as intended.

I hope, you may benefit from my article,
Bhrian

Bhrian

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:11 pm

Impressive !!! But I never used U-base for gamming, because it does not fit my Heroscape tiles. U-base is more for displaying for me. Happy gaming for the long weekend folks Smile
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum