Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoW Minis to become DC Heroclix?

2 posters

Go down

WoW Minis to become DC Heroclix? Empty WoW Minis to become DC Heroclix?

Post  Ceipe Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:27 am

This is a theory I have, now that DC is the home for the WoW comic, wouldn't you think there might be a chance that Wizkids takes WoW Minis with a reformed format so that they become a Heroclix alternative? I know that they don't fit in the DC universe, but one can dream Sleep , hehe

Ceipe

Back to top Go down

WoW Minis to become DC Heroclix? Empty Re: WoW Minis to become DC Heroclix?

Post  BoDoM Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:03 am

While I could see that happening, I hope it does not. I really enjoy the game as it is, and I hope if it comes back it's the same format so I can still use my collection. I guess I would take what I can get though lol.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceipe Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:41 am

While I love the format of this game as well, there are some things that I think should be...let's say perfected, some i view as a miniature games player and others as a WoW player, for example:

1) LOS: since this game uses hexagonal board rather than squares, it represents a plain better. However, there are some confusions on whether there is LOs or not. LOS should work as in other games, trace a line from the base of the attacker to the base of the defender, if it's unblocked you can fire.
2) Armor / Resistance: Having an armor or resistance should make you able to block / resist at least some damage, other than crits, your armor should be a less lcuk-factor IMO of course
3) Healing: Healing shouldn't be able to fail, I mean in WoW healing always hit, it may hit for less but it's always a success and your bandages always work. Healing should have the following rule added: "You will always heal at least 1"
4) Equipment: Here is the big change I'd make. Rather than ocuppying an ABC, it's make it so that any character may have as many armor pieces as they could providing it doesn't vilate the rules for slots. That way, games would be a lot more original, as it would be dependant on the character, ABC equipment. Maybe it would make games longer, but generally characters die less frequently than in normal games on an online BG. This of course could counter the armor / resistance as the chances of critical miss could be reduced even further.
5) Better "Talent --> Abilites" focus, for example, Vindicator Hoddom is a Holy Paladin, yet he has no healing on him and no Holy Hero only spells.

Well hope you guys like my ideas.

Ceipe

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue Jun 22, 2010 11:49 am

I agree with your view that there are some points that could use revision. I think stealth could have been represented better. I also think that the healing aspect of the game is a little lackluster. I believe that even with the current rules, with the release of another set or two, some of these things could be fixed.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceipe Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:22 pm

If only I had about 2 Milliosn dollars so that I could relaunch this game tongue

Ceipe

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down