Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Realm Champs

+9
FantomKoala
XB lackBlocX
Kusig
Ohmsford
Ninjacheese
JimElNino
CorayThan
syphonhail
Toxziq
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Realm Champs - Page 2 Empty Re: Realm Champs

Post  Kusig Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:30 am

I would like to contest and say that my team was likely the most creative of this Realms Season. It is as follows.

Wilton Thorne - 4 Honor
Breakthrough, Heroic Leap, Thunderclap

Magistrix Enaria - 4 Honor
Ice Block, Polymorph, Flamestrike

Magistrix Kiala - 6 Honor
Summon Piztog, Corruption, Silk Bandage

Hulok Trailblazer - 5 Honor
Bear Form, Starfire, Tranquility

Lotherin - 5 Honor
Holy Nova, Psychic Scream, Mind Blast

At 24 Honor it packs a lot of punch and control aspects. Had I tested one more game with a turbo Jaina that ticked up Savin dramatically or realized prior to the match that he was also the only cleanse I believe I would have done significantly better mathematically in my top 4 matchup. My opponent played excellent and I believe I did as well. Team construction and not being able to stop the bleeding were my downfall.

Also I can say for Durotar that the top 3 were 1st Vashj with Razaani, Crushridge, Wavecaller, and
X, while Second and 3rd were versions of Velen.

Kusig

Back to top Go down

Post  Largi Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:58 am

Yep me and Burnsy in the final

Me - Wavecaller (Soulseeker [Revealed] Doomfinger [Faced] Ice Block, Kelp Net)
Jil'an (Sprint, Sinister Strike)
Graccus (Flash of Light, Signet of def thingy)

Burnsy - Daggum (Kick, Blind)
Horde Troll Hunter[the one with -1 move when injured] (Summon Bloodcaller)
Hellcaller (Curse of Cthlulus, Incinerate, Demonic Affliction, Corruption)

I lost by 2 honor. Soulseeker was my mistake but he nicely kept my wavecaller interrupted or Blocked.

My Realms team planned was..

Nexus Stalker Razz - counterspell, Flamestrike
Enraged Fire Spirit - elemental Charge, flamestrike
Blindlight Murloc - Counterspell, flamestirke
Wavecaller - Counterspell, flamestrike
Archmage Arugal - Iceblock, YTSS

It played rather nicely on that map and packed 1 HELL of a punch.

Largi

Back to top Go down

Post  Isgee Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:12 pm

I won Azshara with the following:

Velen
Savin
Irana
Ixamos
Boris

Boots of the Crimson Hawk
Wrath of Air Totem
Chain Lightning
Healing Wave
Chain Heal
Purge
Holy Nova
Heal
Mass Dispel
Bulwark of Azzinoth
Flash of Light
Hammer of Justice
Flamestrike
Polymorph
Quick Reflexes

It was fun.

Also, I won a premier event with a priest. All my life's goals are complete.

Isgee

Back to top Go down

Post  CorayThan Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:28 am

Did you use the ixamos counter to hold the VP quickly, or to fire off your shots quicker after wading into battle? And did you get to use the quick reflexes?

CorayThan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isgee Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:57 am

Against cheap teams, the Heroism was used to blow things up. Against opposing wall I used it to position around the VP.

Quick Reflexes was on Velen against anything that I expected to Polymorph (although I'm not sure you can QR a poly I just realized) and it was a blowout several times.

Isgee

Back to top Go down

Post  syphonhail Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 am

Isgee wrote:Against cheap teams, the Heroism was used to blow things up. Against opposing wall I used it to position around the VP.

Quick Reflexes was on Velen against anything that I expected to Polymorph (although I'm not sure you can QR a poly I just realized) and it was a blowout several times.

Who else was there? How many people? Other teams?

syphonhail

Back to top Go down

Post  syphonhail Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:39 am

Isgee wrote:

Pretty sure you can. The text is processed in order on Polymorph and the first thing that occurs is the character is ticked up. The react specifies that you play it when it is ticked up and the character being polied has yet to lose all of their powers.

syphonhail

Back to top Go down

Post  Isgee Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:40 am

8 players Q'ed for Champs of 9 unique names (I might've run some shenanigans to get people Kittens), 5 actual players. Jason Tian was the only name.

Jason was Velen, Graccus, Savin, Roria, Tinker
Nick Poplawski (3rd) was Wilton, Mojo Shaper Ojo'mon, Magistrix Enaria, Sidian Morningblade, Magistrix Kiala
Ben Bellis (4th) was Jaina, Elanna, Kaustron, Tinker, Marlowe

-Ben

Isgee

Back to top Go down

Post  Isgee Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:41 am

I expect I can QR poly, yeah, but in TCGs I know it wouldn't work... but, then again, this isn't a TCG.

-Ben

Isgee

Back to top Go down

Post  syphonhail Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:59 am

Isgee wrote:I expect I can QR poly, yeah, but in TCGs I know it wouldn't work... but, then again, this isn't a TCG.

-Ben

We have no stack, no chain, and no pile. We just have windows that close and shut and mimic a LIFO process.

I had a moment of doubt when I reread the two cards and went to the official rules. The game specifically opens up windows for reacts to be played and I was worried that a window would only open up after Polymorph was played and after polymorphed was resolved completely, not somewhere in between. However, Quick Reflexes has a saving grace:

408.1b An enemy ticking up a character’s personal clock causes a window to open for reacts (700.3) that can be played “only when an enemy ticks [a character] up.

Not to be overbearing on the issue, but it was an interesting interaction so I figured I would find an official answer to the thought.

syphonhail

Back to top Go down

Post  XB lackBlocX Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:30 pm

Note though that if your character is not next to act, the Polymorph will still be in effect until you get to act with that character. QR will simply remove the tick up effect.

In general this means that your opponent, assuming he plays optimally, will still get 2 or 3 ticks worth of respite from Call of Fire instead of 5-6.

In our playtesting the real answer to Poly on Velen is a timely Cleanse. The tick up on Velen is a mild annoyance in comparison to shutting down Call of Fire.

XB lackBlocX

Back to top Go down

Post  Isgee Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:32 pm

This is true, but my only Paladin was Savin, who often ends up dead or ticked up to oblivion, making Cleanse suboptimal at best. QR was quite awesome.

-Ben

Isgee

Back to top Go down

Post  syphonhail Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:42 pm

QR on Velen is nifty enough to throw me off, it really depends on what I am playing. Generally, my poly list will be Irana (only on ticks 3-5) > Savin > Velen. If I have Parvink or Namrah, I will hopefully neutralize the bulwark before I choose a poly target, so my options are Irana (ticks 3-5) > Velen. As such, assuming I do not expect cleanse or QR, I am polying Velen on ticks 6-10 almost always. Sometimes, if I don't expect to kill Savin, then he can re-enter as a poly target to turn off Blessing of Wisdom.

JPT, what was your second card on Savin during finals? I remember getting a few polymorphs off on Velen and Vi'gor that did not get cleansed.

syphonhail

Back to top Go down

Post  XB lackBlocX Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:45 pm

I only played Flash of Light as a Paladin card. It's admitedly suboptimal with my aggressive play, much better with Marc's defensive playstyle. It's just I can never justify to myself playing a card like Blessing of Kings/Might/Protection, which would be better choices if I intend to mostly tick up Savin with magic attacks and do the occasional strike with him. The buffs are unlikely to stay in play for long. Blessing of Protection is a bit too situational (but was perfect for the 3v3 Jezbella Jaina Savin team).

Cleanse is only really available in the version with Graccus, otherwise you don't have enough slots to fit it in.

The main problem with QR is that it's either a Chain Heal or a Wrath of Air Totem you're not playing.

XB lackBlocX

Back to top Go down

Post  Isgee Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:48 pm

Actually, since I ran two Shamans, I just moved my Wrath totem over.

Wink.

-Ben

Isgee

Back to top Go down

Post  XB lackBlocX Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:55 pm

Isgee wrote:Actually, since I ran two Shamans, I just moved my Wrath totem over.

Wink.

-Ben

Okay then, that's a Healing Wave or a Earth Shock you're not playing. Wink

XB lackBlocX

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2