Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Where do we go from here?

+3
Toxziq
BoDoM
GypsyRogue
7 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Where do we go from here? - Page 2 Empty Re: Where do we go from here?

Post  BoDoM Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:20 pm

I'll probably work on the stats first, then build the minis. I took a Victoria jaton off her base to use for my ghoul, and then cannibalized her shoulders and helmet as per your advice so we'll see where I get with that.

I seriously appreciate your work on those ABC's. They look wonderful. What did you end up using to create them?
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Mon Aug 09, 2010 6:17 pm

I agree! BoDoM sent me the PDF & the cards are Really Nice! Very Good Work!

I know that the Opinion has been one figure a month, But, the last wave contained 51 figures.

I reiterate, that's One figure a week with a Scenario to match; I don't expect that immediately.

I say One for now, with more following; as we get into the Swing of things. I would like to see One a week starting January 1st, 2011; we need to be able to Rival, if not Exceed, UD's output. That gives us 4 months to put out Random figures; to say,"Hey! Look at These!". "Next Year We Intend to Rock Your World!".

We could be 20-30 figures ahead by 1/1/11.

And What About Game Name? I submit;

Wave 4; Intended for Use with your WoW Minis

All Opinions Appreciated!

Myself, I'm a 57yo Mathematical & Musical Genius(we don't sleep, brain never stops Twisted Evil ), & I love all types of games, but, I don't have the WoW Knowledge to Create what we need, I'm just a Fan of the Game & want to see it continue. I have a knack for getting product that is needed for a Good Price & finding what people need, when they need it. I'll gladly help in anyway that I can but, Most of you are Far Superior to Any Figure Invention that needs to be produced. I do have about 15,000 WoWTCG cards in my inventory, ya'll are Welcome to any of them you need, if that's any help. I'll also see what I can do to find the Minis you need, if you'll just ask... Mr. BoDoM can attest to that.

It's Time! Let's Rock the House! Twisted Evil
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Aug 09, 2010 8:31 pm

I can definitely attest to gypsy's generous and helpful nature.

I would like anyone who reads this to come up with some ideas and let us know what you would like to see out of the next set.

We'll do our best to see everyone gets what they want.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:32 am

Great attempt it would be! But how do you make the new figure? To me I have ideas about characters in WoW minis, and the way I am making them is still combining figure from mageknight, d&d and WoW. Some of them are completely done actually, but I dont want to throw them out randomly once, so what I am doing is trying to make some more so I can group them together for posting (that is why I named the death knight article is Customize Minis 1). Also I have included some well known names in my ready-to-go list too, although they are not 100% look like who they depict tongue . So while you are working on your list I could keep posting them to keep the heat...

Ah I should have told you what I used for the card; my home computer doesnt have photoshop so I downloaded Google Picasa and Arcsoft Collage Creator ( all free ) and used them together, alternatively. First is using Picasa retouch tool to remove the old text, and use College Creator to collage the images, then come back to Picasa for new text. It took me more than half hour for the first card but only around 10 minutes for the last one.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Shadestep Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Gimp is a good open source graphic design program. If I remember right, it will even open Photoshop files. Back to my shadows though.... Suspect
Mr. Shadestep
Mr. Shadestep

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:04 am

Thanks a lot! I just downloaded and checked it out; Gimps is as good as Photoshop for my level.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowmire Wed Aug 11, 2010 11:49 am

Hi,

I have a question: if you're up to creating new mechanics, then why don't you just create new setting around it? Why it has to be "World of Warcraft" game?

WoW is just huge brand, there's no way some small company is going to get license for it. So if some company will buy the rights for this game, I'd bet its FFG or some other big boardgame company.
If you're going to sell your products, then I suggest you do what S2 games did with heroes of newerth(http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/).
Basicly, they got inspired by warcraft 3 mod, and created independent pc game based on that. Graphics and looks and the world resemble warcraft, but it's their own world.

So you could just create a fantasy world and create your own, similar mechanics. no legal issues this way.
I'm a graphic designer/illustrator + decent sculptor, and I'm willing to join this project if you decide to really create something of your own.

Crowmire

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:34 pm

Cool!

Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not looking to Buy anything that was Thrown Away; I intend to continue the Game, on my own, if need be.

I never mentioned changing anything, only continuing a Game that has been thrown to the curb.

As far as I'm concerned, UD & Blizzard Kicked us all in the Teeth; after we spent the time & money on a fairly enjoyable game. Problems with the UBases can be fixed with a pair of pliers & a little patience.

I see nothing else wrong with the Game, except it has ceased to be produced. I don't want to be associated with anyone that would treat people like we've been treated. They don't need any more of My Money. But the Game needs to continue, evidently, you missed the part where I wanted to continue it as a new line, with the upfront Statement that we made them to be used With WoW Minis, so that people with rather large investments, won't be left hangin' with a Dead Game.

I own sets of almost every type of Mini game that's ever been produced(except Warhammer Twisted Evil ), If I were to make a new game, it would be Minis along the lines of the Tunnels & Trolls universe. I always wished for a Tunnels & Trolls Minis game Shocked .

I'm looking at all of this through the Gaming Store Business, Hell, right now, I'm in the process of making Mobile Organized Play for Mage Knight, HeroClix, RaceDay, heroScape, D&D, WoW Minis, WoW TCG, Mech Warrior, High Stakes Drifter, Hero Quest, BattleMasters, & Magic; just because I can! I'm about 60% complete & when I'm finished, I'll be able to bring Organized Play to whomever wants, whenever wanted; by contacting me. Eventually, I intend to continue all the Dead Games. Just because they're not produced anymore, doesn't mean they should be wiped off the face of the Earth, because they're not making some Corporate Jerks a lot of money.

I'm not even doing this for the money, I do this because I love the games, that's what I do this for.

The world we live in needs to have an escape from the sad state of itself, if only temporary, when a person gets a chance to relax & make their world go away for a little relaxation.

Sorry for the Rant! Rolling Eyes

Steps back down off the Podium....

Twisted Evil
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Hello crowmire,

Welcome to our humble home lol.

At the moment, we're simply expanding on a game that we all love. We're just trying to head in the direction that we believe it was going. We're not out for money or huge international production runs. We're just exploring the more creative avenues of our hobbies.

If you're interested in joining us and contributing your talents to our little project, we would happily welcome you aboard.

We're just posting ideas and leaving it up to the community to playtest them and give us feedback.

Thanks again for joining and hopefully we'll hear from you soon.

Smile
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowmire Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:52 pm

ah, I see. I kinda misunderstood what you're doing here.

I infact got in to the wow minis very recently, not even knowing the current state of the game.

At the moment what I'd like to see is ability card pack, which would contain one of the each cards. I managed to find ONE store which still had deluxe starters left, so I bought one with some boosters from both sets. I now have small collection, which is enough for two players to play(I bought the game for boardgame type of use as none of my friends have their own models). However, I just don't have enough ability cards to share amongst the models.

Sure, I can help you, epecially when it comes to design/art.
And, unrelated to this topic, but I'll be posting some conversions/repaints here soon.

Crowmire

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Wed Aug 11, 2010 1:57 pm

Let us know if we can do anything to help you man. I got into the game late myself, but with the help of people on these forums, I now have the whole set of miniatures and ABC's. Plus we have people around who are very knowledgeable about the rules and gameplay.

I can't wait to see your mods/repaints! I have links to a lot of mine in the fan article section of the forums. I'm a lot better at painting than I am at sculpting. My latest works should be posted soon.

Well like I said man, if you need anything at all let us know.

BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Wed Aug 11, 2010 4:07 pm

A good conversation it has been! Wellcome to the board Crowmire; yea as BoDoM said we all appreaciate any additional idea could be thrown out such as new characters, new figures, abilities, and even some raids to develop the game.

If you need more action bar cards, try this site : http://wowminis.tcgplayer.com
Then click on figure/card spoiler, there is a whole card list. You then can download the image and print it out for playing. Or you could google a better jpg once you have their names.

unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:22 am

Crowmire, I didn't mean to appear to be a raving lunatic. Now that I look at my Post, I can see where Newbies might get that impression. Embarassed

If you'd like to Post a list of what you're looking for, in the trade thread, I, Myself, along with the others, will gladly see what we can do to help you obtain what you need to complete your collection.

I probably have a couple hundred extras & cards, that I just stuffed into a stack of 6 Sterlite(Walmart) tower w/drawers, today, in my Mobile Project. I also have friends that usually have what I don't. BoDoM is presntly seeking a couple of Blindlight Murlocs, that I'm about to send(but I can't seem to find his address - hint,hint, BoDoM), but on second thought, He's movin' so I'll probably just wait for his new address; so I know he'll get them. Laughing

Like I said in my other Post, If you're havin' Ubase troubles, I fixed all my Personal figures with a pair of pliers & some patience. I found the Fix on YouTube, someone posted a How-To video there.

Bent figures were easily repaired by immersing them upside-down in boiling water, then holding them under cold running tap water, to set the plastic firmly in place. Haven't had time to try making Custom pieces that way, but it's Next on my List. Laughing

I've also made Playmats, printed on Cardstock & Laminated, but my Digital Camera is on the Blink & I never remember to check on a new one when I go to town(oh, now I sound like a backwoods Hick Embarassed ). I made 10 for myself, anticipating 5vs5 play format. They have places for the cards, with round numbered spaces for tracking Health & Ticks of the Clock & have my Logo on the reverse side. They cost me $1 each to produce, but with a couple of marker stones, they eliminate the need to even try to make the blasted UBases work properly. The perfect Fix people without repair skills or patience. Razz

Hopefully, I'll remember to see about a new camera soon & can post some pictures.

Welcome to the Site & forgive my earlier outburst! Embarassed

After we get this up & runnin', maybe we can work a deal on splittin' the Profits for my New Tunnels & Trolls Minis Game. Twisted Evil

affraid
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowmire Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:52 am

So, are you really going to produce and sell the stuff you make?
Sorry, but I'm really carefull about trademarks andy copyrights, because I've tought to do so, and they also cover my own work. So here's something I've been thinking.

basicly, if you create new map, let's say Duskwood theme, you could just make it look similar, not exact copy and rename it Darkwood for example, and simply avoid all the offical Tm's and you can legally sell the stuff. Yeah, it's ment to be used with WoW minis, but it's not offically associated with it.
I guess it's the same thing with models, especially with raid bosses etc, as long as you keep them influenced by WoW's world, rename them and make them slighlty different in appearance. Blizzard MIGHT get pissed about that though, and they actually might have a reason to sue you... :/
I'm not expert in thiskind of stuff, but I think it's not illegal to take influence or get inspired Razz however, I'm not sure where's the line of taking influence and stealing an idea.

However, rules and cards. Here's where I see some trademark issues as they're obviously related to base 10 engine.
How have you planned to work around this? free PDF's released in the net maybe? just sell the "aid", like models and maps.

I'm still not sure if I've gotten it right what you're doing Very Happy basicly I'm trying to clarify that here, my english isn't perfect, so...

Crowmire

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:08 am

I really don't have the Time or the Inclination to deal with an Unarmed Man or Internet Troll or Representative of Wherever you came from. Facts are Facts! I've been producing & selling Custom Figures & Gaming Accessories on eBay for several years & if what I'm doing is Illegal, eBay would have Stopped me a long, long time ago.

I'm not worried about Buzzard or Upperdick gettin' in my face. Bring it, Don't sing it!

If you're so worried about the things you mentioned, then I'd suggest you do as I asked, & Post a List of what you need for your game. I'll personally see that you're taken care of.

You can still be part of Steelwing's awesome community without ever lifting a finger to help. I'd never want it any other way.

I welcome your help & input; but, I don't need it. If you want to hang out & discuss some of your concerns, that's fine. If you wanna play Doom & Gloom because you have an internet connection & a computer; & your life is so miserable that you have nothing else to do, except bring people down to your level; that's fine too.

If you think you're going to stop what I'm doing, you're sadly mistaken.

I've been making & selling things for years, that aren't obtainable any other way, as a virtual hobby. I don't need the money to continue what I do, but I will not stop because someone Appears & throws unfounded accusations at what I do to make other people's gaming experience a more pleasurable way of life.

I've been producing & sharing my creations on the Internet for years without any legal ramifications.

If I'm not hindered by Hasbro or Wizards of the Coast, to name a couple of Corporate Gaming institutions I make Useable accessories to enhance games that they are short-sighted on; I'm truly not worried about Buzzard, who is where they are through a lucky internet venture; or Upperdick, who make some fine Sports cards, but have No Business in the Gaming World; I'm not going to let someone like you stop what I'm doing.

I originally came here to see what was up with the Dude that turns out an absolutely Awesome line of Dice for a game that it's short-sighted producers either couldn't or just wouldn't make available to the general gaming population. The way they marketed things that are absolutely essential for a real Gamer, is Non-existant. I decided it was time to help the people here, do something to rectify the situation.

Either you're in or you're out; things will not change with your unfounded ramblings of "What about?".

I'm so far ahead of your thinking(4-5 years); that, if I wasn't offended, I'd be Amused.....

Have a Nice Day! Twisted Evil

GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowmire Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:17 pm

I had no intention of offending, nor amusing you, for that matter. I'm also not trying to stop you, quite opposite. I'm not "internet trolling" and my life isn't miserable, in fact, it's never been better. There's also no need to try to offend me for what my personal life is or is not, you won't succeed in it, and I don't think it even has anything to do with anything here.
Clearly, we're just not understanding eachother very well, that might be my horrible english, dunno.

However, I, on the otherhand am slightly amused how hostile you suddenly got, for no reason, as I had no ill purpose. Since your thinking is sooo many years ahead me, then jeesh, I don't really think I have anything to contribute then.

I'll stay tuned and I'm intrested to see how your project goes on, but since communication level is like this at this point, I really don't have intrest of taking part in anyway anymore.

Good luck and all the best.

Crowmire

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:26 pm

Hey crowmire,
I'm sorry if gypsy came off wrong. He just has a lot of pride in what he does, that's all.

I think it would be a shame if you left our little community here, because it's so small as it is.

I hope you'll give these things some consideration.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Crowmire Thu Aug 12, 2010 12:40 pm

I'm not leaving this community this easily, just ment this project of GypsyRogue's.

I'm still posting my conversions(or mods, how you tmg people like to call them Razz) and maybe partylists, taking part in in other wow minis related discussion.

cheers.

Crowmire

Back to top Go down

Post  Mr. Shadestep Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:32 pm

Thank you all for returning this to a civil conversation in such a quick manner. Honestly I share some concerns when it comes to a widely available continuation of this great game, but at the same time I wish the best for the game and applaud the passion that people have for it. I was rather unnerved at the lack of the WoW minis presence during GenCon, but honestly I wasn't terribly surprised. It would be a great injustice for this game to die at such an early age and if it can continue in some way or another, I'm all for it. I'm also going to be one of the spectators in its continuation however instead of someone that is directly involved. WoW minis, I'm currently forsaking you to judge WoW TCG events (because I simply have to be judging something, I miss it so much), but I'm dreaming of the day that I can return to the great game that you are. Y'all have fun on here. WoW minis is a game, and enjoying that game is its only purpose. I'll see you all next time I'm drawn from my shadows. Until then.... Suspect
Mr. Shadestep
Mr. Shadestep

Back to top Go down

Post  Toxziq Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:16 pm

My 2 cents, from the shadows of dust and broken Elanna Starbreeze figures...

First, Gypsy, you have to realize that there are some people who have either been burned, burned, or been in the middle of copyright issues from all angles, and as such, many people may take what you are trying to do as potentially illegal. There are always skeptics with questinos. Heck, I'm one of the skeptics of it's legal viability, however, if you have the experience you say you do, then my opinion is it's your project, in your hands, and will hopefully be something that is driven in a positive manner to allow people who love this game to continue getting enjoyment from their investment. All that said, let's be positive about how we interact with each other in posts please.

Second, Crow, welcome! We are small, VERY small, we have more readers and browsers than posters, but there are people in the world who love this game and believe it's the best thing ever (once) made. Glad you found my page.

Third, Shade, always good to "see" you. :-)

Fourth, well, as the Spanish Inquisition says, this is either fanatical devotion or there is no fourth.

ALL of that said, hi, hope everyone is still critting and loving this game, and I hope you guys have fun and stay safe (legally and personally) when it comes to making any new mods.

:-)

~Steel
Toxziq
Toxziq
Admin

http://www.critshappen.com

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm always glad when you pay us a visit Steelwing. Hopefully everything is going well for you and you're still critting too Smile
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceipe Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:39 pm

To me, the TCG and Minis should focus on two main things, the TCG has a nice take on the PvP aspect, taking on a duel, either gearing up or preparing the gank. Minis although they didn't really promote it that much, had a nice feeling on the battleground aspect, however, on personal experience, I think the main focus of Minis should've been the PvE. The fact that attacking or deciding to wait were actually a tactical manouver gave the game a much more fast paced feeling rather than waiting for your turn to play or stacking up in instants to heal in a raid.

If the proyect of Gypsy actually comes to be, that's what I would like it to go. Anyway, I've ranted long enough, take care y'all.

Ceipe

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:43 pm

I agree with you man. The pvp aspect of minis is fun, but the strategy aspect totally shines in the pve. I would love to see a more pve focused release as well.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Ceipe Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:34 pm

I understand that maybe having a PvE would be harder to ballance in terms of tournaments, but there has been tournaments of D&D, so there is a way to balance around it. It could go something like this:

Each team constitutes of 3 members, 2 raiders and 1 boss. With two options:
1) Minimum of 3 teams and on each match 1 member of each team is selected and accumulate points
2) Divide it in raiders and boss, where the boss tries to take on the other team's raiders.

I would probably got for 1, having a team composition element that plays into strategy. All teams must be of X honor, each raider bringing his own party and each boss having abilities/gear with varying costs to make room for cutomization.

BTW, where is Gypsy? He hasn't posted in quite some time.

Ceipe

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:01 pm

I dig the tournament idea.

Gypsy's around, he's just settin up his base camp.

Last edited by BoDoM on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum