Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

customizing ABC's!

3 posters

Go down

customizing ABC's! Empty customizing ABC's!

Post  BoDoM Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:14 pm

So we're developing a new class of characters for the game. We're working on new alliance characters. I'm sure horde and monsters will follow.

I think if we came up with 1 new ABC for each class it would go a long way for keeping the game new and interesting.

My current project is a non legendary death knight for each faction, but I'm going to start drafting ideas for these new ABC's as well and hopefully they'll be ready for play when the death knights are.

If anyone has ideas post them here. Everyone's input is very valuable here.

Once our new abilities and characters are ready, we'll all be like kids on Christmas Smile
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

customizing ABC's! Empty Re: customizing ABC's!

Post  unpluggamer Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:08 am

Great thought to link them together BoDoM! Cannot wait to see other death knights. I agree that with more ABCs, we will have many more strategies, it would change every character's power..

I am doing some characters of the Horde. Hah, I must say I enjoy making them more than the Alliance even, may be my faction is Horde.

The monster may be developed after that, right now I am looking for the figures. May be some demons from World of Warcraft the board game (as picture, I started it together with the death knights but never finish lol) first, other encounters such as Gnolls,Harpies or Centaurs are easy to make from Mage Knight I suppose (always good to think about their status now)

customizing ABC's! Dsc01219

unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:31 pm

So I've got my first idea for a new ABC. It's for warriors and it's called "intimidating shout".

2 ticks - 1 range - debuff

Debuffed character has -1 attack.

It sounds simple, but it would be interesting. Not only do they attack for less, but it decreases their crit chance.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:32 pm

So I've got my first idea for a new ABC. It's for warriors and it's called "intimidating shout".

2 ticks - 1 range - debuff

Debuffed character has -1 attack.

It sounds simple, but it would be interesting. Not only do they attack for less, but it decreases their crit chance.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:07 am

Yes! I'm aware of the danger of -1 ATK counter, I guess some rogues will be seriously struggling, and hunters (such as Rexxar) too lol, so tick 2 and range 1 for it is quite reasonable.
Found the icon of this ability, I will draft this card and fix the death knight cards soon.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:34 am

I'm not sure what spec it is. I think it might be fury. I think we should also put aggro in the tagline.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:54 pm

So my next offering for our new ABC's will be for all the rogues out there.

Evicerate (I have to check the spelling lol)

Play only when this is the character's only ready ability.

2 ticks 5 melee

Crit - damage +2

Having the other ABC (or ABC's for zomm) exhausted is the only way I could figure to tie in the combo point/finisher mechanic from the mmo. It may seem overpowered, but you can only use it once every 10 ticks, you have to set it up, and it's a finishing move. It's supposed to kill things lol.

The only way I really can see to exploit it is to pack it with cold blood, because you could use them on the same turn. But then you would lose out on better ABC's IMO.

Anyhow, let me know what you think.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:57 pm

As an addendum to my last post I wanted to say that I like the idea of this card. It would make weaker rogues more playable and allow the lower honor rogues to see some play.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:21 pm

I think this card is really powerful, especially its crit is damage + 2. Should we add small drawback as "if the defender survive against this attack, it can immediately make an attack against this character (pay tick cost normally)", beacause play only when this is the only ready card make it feels a little reluctant to pull the card down to me, for we are suppose to be able to play any ability in game, aren't we? Just one thought though.

As you said, it would really help many lesser rogues, and we appreciate this card a lot.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Maybe we could put something like:

If the defender survives this attack add 1 tick to this character.

The make an attack just makes me think mocking blow or sarmoth's crit. Of course we could play test it a variety of ways to see which works best. The immediate drawback that I put in was that a rogue with equipment couldn't play it.

It's just an idea anyway. Perhaps we could just scrap the thing as a whole. There really isn't a way to accurately translate the combo point mechanic into minis. I just always liked throwing down a huge 5 point cold blooded evicerate to finish off my opponents lol.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:34 am

I agree that add one more tick is more specific for this card. Still this card does make the rogues become much more deadly.

I really want to give a hand in creating the new abilities like what you are doing. That has been a great job guy! But my work just gave me a big deadline this november and I will have many little deadlines every week until then. So my current doing will be progreessed a bit slowly. But still I will be here every day and stick my head in anything thrown out. Wink

unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:39 am

I want you to be a part too man! I want everyone to be a part! I don't want it to seem like i'm trying to do it alone. I'm just posting ideas and hoping to spark discussion. I really do appreciate everything that you're contributing to the expansion project. I have plenty more to say, but bed is calling so I'll post more tomorrow!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:13 pm

So I've posted ideas for two melee classes. But I don't know the clothie abilities that well, so if anyone with some mage or priest experience could shoot me some ideas that would be great.

I'm working on something for our warlock friends next. Probably summon infernal. Just have to figure out it's health, strength, and when it decides to turn on it's master and start attacking him lol. I would welcome suggestions on that too.

I think another pet for warlocks would be a good addition to the game. They already have some dots, a couple small attacks, fear, and some pets. Now the get a powerful pet with a downside. It should be interesting. I'll post the idea soon.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Scylya Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:08 am

Some Rogue ABC's Ive been thinking of

Garrote (Only useable in Stealth)
Range 1
Ticks 2

Place a Bleed marker on the target, the target takes 1 Damage at the end of Ticks 5 /10
When the Target next activates, it cannot use a (magic) ability.

Mutilate (Assassination Rogue Only)
Range 1
Ticks 3
Damage 4 (Crit +2 Damage)

Deal +1 damage if the target is poisoned.

Instant Poison
Instant ability

Play if only if this character has attacked this turn.
Roll 1 dice and on hit deal 1 damage to target.
On Crit ready this card.

Scylya

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum