Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

customize minis 1 - death knights approach

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

customize minis 1 - death knights approach Empty customize minis 1 - death knights approach

Post  unpluggamer Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:18 am

I don't want to lose the heat, so before packing up for another trip tomorrow, I have tried to pull myself together in four nights...
After talking with BoDoM about making death knight, I found myself also super interested in the awaiting class . And I choose "death knights of the Scourge" to dig in. "A second generation death knight were amongst a group of fallen paladins whose souls were twisted and bound to the will of the Frozen Throne" (wowwiki.com). From that definition, I used three paladins to turn them into death knights: Leeroy Jenkin, Graccus, and Sidian Morningblade.
To modify them into death knights, I mainly used only one source: my dear Victoria Jaton (shoulder armor and helmet). The idea seems easy but cutting the armor is not. I think the pictures will tell how to do it better than me.

[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach Dsc01214[/img]
[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach Dsc01215[/img]
[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach Dsc01216[/img]
[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach Dsc01217[/img]

Last edited by unpluggamer2 on Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:42 am; edited 3 times in total
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

customize minis 1 - death knights approach Empty How to put them in game?

Post  unpluggamer Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:36 am

The best way I have figured out so far is just keep using their old status, but change their class to death knights. After that we can either select a number of action bar cads for death knights from other classes such as ice (mage), curse(warlocks), and some skills of warriors class, or together we can create a custom set of action bar cards for the new class. The second way is quite cool, but I doubt I can do it on my own... I don't know much about them (I only played warcraft 3, never tried WoW role playing). Any idea would be much appreciated.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

customize minis 1 - death knights approach Empty Re: customize minis 1 - death knights approach

Post  BoDoM Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:33 am

I have the wowtcg death knight starter plus some scourgewar and wrathgate cards. I'll look at them and see how I can translate them to minis. I'll also work on some mod/repaints to go with whatever proxy abilities I can concoct. Of course some play testing will be involved, but hopefully the community here can help with that and once we find what works perhaps Theblackabbot can draft is some cards. I encourge everyone to contribute ideas, because this idea belongs to all of us. We're simply creating what should have been given to us months ago.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

customize minis 1 - death knights approach Empty Re: customize minis 1 - death knights approach

Post  GypsyRogue Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:36 am

Had a Minute on my way to band rehearsal to stop & look.

All I can say is,"Wow! I really like these! Please keep up the Good Work." Shocked

Would the rest of you customizers/creators Please assist unpluggedgamer on Anything he needs!

I am in Awe of the members here that are Far Better than I'll ever be, in producing a New Wave. I can produce the figures needed if you'll just email me & ask; but I could never have the imagination & foresight to rival any of the creative minds that I've encountered here.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance.

I've got about a week's worth of rehearsal for now & my mother isn't any better. My father passed away last July & I fear that she's close too following.

Thanks again!

cheers

Game On!!!

Gypsy
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:17 pm

Thank you so much for your support guys! I hope we all can make some death knights from these initial ideas. There are many more ways to customize them (Dralor,Daxin, Wilton, Kaustron,Drokkar... they are all potential, and even Victoria herself), it will be interesting if we can unleash them all. If so I think we have chosen our way, and I will do some research about their skills to, properly learning from TCG as suggested is the best way for me.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:59 pm

So first off i'm thinking a few things about death knights. I'll try to present them in a somewhat structured fasion.

1. They will probably have a stat line similar to shamans/paladins. Around 3 armor 2 resist with what i'm thinking will be around 8 health for a base.

2. Their honor as a base should probably be 7 because of the strong stat line. That gives us an extra point of honor for whatever secondary ability a character may have.

3. They pack a melee base attack, probably a 2 for 4 or 3 for 5 to offset the fact that they will have access to dots and debuffs.

4. There will have to be a pet mechanic with ghoul summoning, and to prevent the class and ghouls from being too overpowered, I would assume something like this:

Summon ghoul
Death knight only
Play only if an opposing character has been destroyed this round.
2 ticks
Put a ghould pet token into play with 1 armor, 1 resist, and 3 health.
Destroy this ghoul at the end of ticks 5 and 10.
Probably a 2 for 3 melee attack.

5. I know dk's have some sort of pull ability like slitherblade tidehunter's crit. I'm not sure what it's called, but that mechanic could singlehandedly destroy any sort of wall variant. This could seriously impact the way teams have to be built and played. We need to playtest this ability extensively when we create it, so as not to break the rest of the game. We don't need savin always carrying bulwark and foreman's reinforced helmet lol.

6. How do we fit death knights into the monster class? There are no paladin monsters which IMO has always been a sore point when building successful monster parties, so we need to bring dk's to the faction. Do we just go all the way and make a lich king legendary? Or do we start something more common?

I have plenty more thoughts on this, but maybe I should stop here for now.

Discuss lol Smile
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:07 pm

Away from my place now, so cannot do much, but I choose to go all the way to make the Lick King. I will be searching for figure.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:43 pm

If that is the case, I demand his ability card be called "wrath of the lich king" lol.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:47 am

haha, we will see, I just went through d&d again and saw nothing for Lich King. The idea of Scylya using the Giant figure is good, but still to many things need to be done with that plan, and it is too expensive too. I will try other minis... by the way I really like your proposal for the death knights too, sound quite reasonable and the goul summon is really concrete. There are also other abilities such as blood, decease hah, just one more card and we can playtest them (for now, we could use their old paladin status too I think because they are somewhat similar)
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:25 pm

Good luck constructing the miniature! I think finding a weapon that looks like frostmourne will also be a challenge.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:47 pm

customize minis 1 - death knights approach MKLA_141

Mage Knight Lich, fairly cheap

customize minis 1 - death knights approach MKOM_212

Cheap Death Knights

customize minis 1 - death knights approach MKNX_081
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:19 am

Mage Knight,a great source of minis!!!! I have never seen a real figure of mage knights but heard that its scale is bigger than D&D, how do you think its size compared with WoW minis?
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  GypsyRogue Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:47 am

Some of the larger figures would work, well, any would work; I believe I read somewhere that were 28mm compatable Twisted Evil , with compatable($5 word for-Use Your Imagination Evil or Very Mad )

Their Dungeon grids are 1.5" square spaces

heroScape is 1.5" hex grids

I think I read somewhere that WoW minis are 40mm, I'll see if I can find the article.

Every Manufacturer has a line of minis and though they're supposed to be "This & That", they are not!

Mage Knight has a Hydra & heroScape has a new Hydra, in the D&D line.

Just using these as an Example, not saying WoW should have one Shocked

the D&D hydra is probably 3 times the size of the Mage Knight hydra & I think you'll find this true, in some aspect of all the lines. If things were true to scale, these would be reversed.

Mage Knight can get a few basic figures for now, at a reasonable price. If I don't already have what we need, I'm sure I can locate them & as long as we're not hurtin' my pocket book, I can probably keep enough minis flowin', for our needs

I have a PDF file for most of the Mage Knight figures, If someone would guide me through the process. I'm afraid to try to send it through the email, its 120+ pages! Twisted Evil
GypsyRogue
GypsyRogue

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:00 am

Thanks a lot for your information, I just ordered some of them to see how things turn out. Also on my way searching Lich king,in reaper minis today, I found an extremely satisfied figure; check it out:

[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach Figure10[/img]

IT IS ABSOLUTELY AN ARTHAS FIGURE!!!!! The name of the figure is Anti Paladin. I kinda worry a bit about the scale, but I bought it any way,its only 4 bucks. I will try to see if it can fit into our game immediately the day I got it, and will post the picture as soon as I get it done guys! cannot wait to see death knight Arthas, champion of the Lich King!

unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Jul 26, 2010 11:38 am

I like the figure choice man. I'm interested in seeing how big he actually is. Is he metal or plastic? It's definitely well molded with lots of detail. Maybe once you tell us how the project is going I'll pick one up for myself. Good luck man!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

customize minis 1 - death knights approach Empty Arthas minis !!

Post  unpluggamer Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:48 am

I hadn't gotten a chance to touch my figure until this Saturday. The figure is made from metal, but super easy to be bent; I'm so pleased that this reaper figure is quite bigger than other which I ordered with, and therefore it is able to be played with WoW scale; although it is still a bit shorter than the real Arthas would be, to me it perfectly depicts the fallen prince. Most of the time consummed for choosing the color, I tried purple ( to fix with undead) then black and white (as of the action figure from Toycom), and finally I chose this color, still black and white and a drop of blue.

[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach Dsc01711[/img]

Back view; I changed the sword a bit, but I was too clumsy to work with the small metal pieces tongue
[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach Dsc01712[/img]

Compare with Bolvar:
[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach Dsc01713[/img]

I particularly like this minis because Arthas is not a boss and we can literally make him into the game without any trouble
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:12 am

Very nice man! I like it a lot. I particularly like the defiant attitude he has compared to bolvar's righteous swing. Keep up the great work!
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:40 am

Thanks, I just saw what you said, looks like he is really defiant and knows he would beat up Bolva easily. I hope you guys can soonly get that figure too, but be aware of other reaper figures though, they are mostly smaller than this one.
Any way, here the status I drafted for Arthas: I think this status is a bit stronger than other legendaries, but have yet to playtest.

Arthas Menethil
Armor 3, Resistance 2, Health 10
Attack: Frostmoure tick3, range 1, melee 6 or tick 3, range 1, frost 6
Critical: if the defender is destroy this attack; put a +2 health counter on Arthas.
Unholy aura: allies (including this character) within 2 heal 1 damage at the end of tick 5/10
Legendary

Yes, I've damned everyone and everything I've ever loved in his name, and I still feel no remorse. No shame. No pity.

Card:
Animate Dead: (Instant)
Play only when a non-legendary character is destroyed and has not spawned.
Place a token on the space of the destroyed character as a pet of Arthas. That pet has the status of the destroyed character.
Remove the token from the game at the end of tick 5/10

After all you've put me through, woman, the last thing I'll give you is the peace of death.

I still feel it is not really there somehow. Any idea would be much appreciated!

Last edited by unpluggamer2 on Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:28 pm

I like what you've done with the stats and ability card so far. There's a game store by me that carries literally thousands of different miniatures and i'm going to see if the have that particular one. I'm excited to get my hands on him because it will be the first metal miniature I attempt. Let us know how playtesting goes. I'm still trying to figure out some death knight abilities. I've just been really busy lately. Just wanted to say I like the quote from arthas to sylvannas windrunner at the end of your last post. It's a memorable part from warcraft 3 and the arthas book lol.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:57 am

Yea, if you cannot find it, it is still on Ebay with the name "Anti Paladin". Everyone of us leads a busy life, so take your time and don't worry much about our awaiting Smile We know you are always there.
unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:55 pm

I ordered the mini today through a local game store. Should be here Thursday they say. I'm dedicating at least an hour tomorrow to coming up with some death knight ABC's for our friend arthas to wield. I figure 5 should be good. That's around what a lot of the classes had when the core set came out.

I was looking through the reaper catalog and I found some other miniatures that should make good death knights as well. I'll be picking some up within the next month so we'll see where to go from there.

I'm moving in a couple weeks, so once that whole clusterf*ck is done with I'll be able to get back to doing what I like again.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:28 pm

So I got that hour a bit earlier than expected. My daughter went to bed early lol. I've got some abilities written down and I'll post them tomorrow once I get a few minutes. Hopefully everyone can give me some opinions and do some play testing, because I have no one except myself to test with currently.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:16 pm

So according to the owner of this game store by me, our anti paladin aka arthas is a retired miniature. He's going to try to get his hands on one for me, but doesn't know how long it will take. In the mean time, I picked up a reaper miniatures worm corpse, which I'll be using to represent a re animated corpse. I'm starting work on that right now. Just waiting for the glue to dry on the base so I can start priming him up.

I'll be posting those death knight ABC's later today in their own thread.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  unpluggamer Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:37 am

So I used two more figures of Reaper line to try making the Lich King, they are Mangur Timur and Blackguard. The detail is decent, however, I am not completely statisfied because this figure is not as tall as it should be to depict the fearsome Lich King... any way, here it is

[img]customize minis 1 - death knights approach My_min10[/img]

unpluggamer
unpluggamer

Back to top Go down

Post  BoDoM Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:28 pm

So I've started work on my first death knight. She's going to be undead, mostly comprised of pieces from magdeline prideheart and Victoria jaton. I'm still thinking of a name.

I'll put up a picture as soon as she's painted.
BoDoM
BoDoM

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next